I’ve seen lots of pictures of it and thought how nice it is to look at and how healthy it is. It’s a simple breakfast meal packed with good fats and protein to keep you full for 4 hours.
2 ripe avocados
4 fresh eggs
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon chopped chives
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. If you don’t have an oven, a toaster oven works, set it for 10 minutes.
- Slice the avocados in half, and take out the pit. Scoop out about two tablespoons of flesh from the center of the avocado, just enough so the egg will fit snugly in the center.
- Place the avocados in a small baking dish. Do your best to make sure they fit tightly.
- Crack an egg into each avocado half. Try your best to crack the yolk in first, then let the egg whites spill in to fill up the rest of the shell.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Cooking time will depend on the size of your eggs and avocados. Just make sure the egg whites have enough time to set.
- Remove from oven, then season with pepper, chives, and garnish of your choice.
Although the recipe looks good and healthy, it lacks the flavour. My suggestion is to add some bacon bits, cheese and cayenne pepper. It went well the second time around.